Jobs First for WA campaign launch
Today we announce the launch of the Jobs First for WA campaign to fight against a gold royalty increase which will threaten jobs and communities in Western Australia’s gold mining industry.
The campaign is in response to serious concerns about the impact the WA Labor State Government’s proposed gold royalty increase will have on local jobs.
The Chamber of Minerals and Energy of Western Australia (CME) is leading the fight, representing the industry as a whole, but this is an issue about people and communities, which is why we need you to stand together with us to help protect jobs and communities.
- The industry is united in this fight because we all know this decision will result in mine closures and job losses.
- Even though the focus is on the gold industry, we are grateful for the support we are receiving from industries that support the gold sector, such as drillers, manufacturers, equipment suppliers and other businesses that rely on the sector for a living.
- We will work together to ensure politicians from all parties understand the devastating impact this decision will have.
- We are also grateful to Kalgoorlie Liberal MP Kyran O’Donnell for his strong support. We trust his colleagues will join him in opposing this proposed royalty increase.
- Western Australia’s gold industry has played an important role in keeping our economy strong and we will fight for our future.
- We hope all politicians will put jobs first and ensure the gold industry is able to continue making a strong contribution to our state economy.
If you work in gold mining, whether directly or in a supporting capacity we need to hear your support. If you and your family rely on gold mining, please fill out the form below to tell us why gold mining is important to you.